Sat, Apr 06|
OCD Treatment Essentials
Foundations and practical strategies for evidence-based treatment of OCD.
Time & Location
Apr 06, 2024, 10:30 AM – 12:30 PM CDT
About the event
The Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) element known as Exposure with Response Prevention (ERP) is widely supported as the most effective method of treatment for OCD. In this presentation, ERP specialists Luke Collier, PsyD and Johann D'Souza will begin with an overview of OCD symptomology and common factors that may affect clinical outcomes, such as family accommodation and overvalued ideation. Practical strategies will be provided for core treatment components, including psychoeducation, developing specific treatment plans, and facilitating ERP. Attendees will then break out into groups for practice constructing ERP hierarchies based on case vignettes. Presenters will hear group reflections, provide feedback, and reserve time for questions and answers.
- Develop client-centered Exposure and Response Prevention (ERP) exercises for at least 4 OCD subtypes, targeting core obsessional fears and including response prevention strategies for common compulsions;
- Develop ERP hierarchies for OCD treatment across 4 subtypes; and
- Address common variables associated with less optimal treatment outcomes, e.g. family accommodation and overvalued ideation.
OCD Texas is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. OCD Texas maintains responsibility for this program and its content. Certificates will be provided to attendees with other credentials (e.g. LPC, LCSW). Mental health professionals other than psychologists outside the state of Texas should review your licensing board guidelines of your state regarding eligibility.
In order to receive CE credit, psychologists must register for the event, complete virtual sign-in/out links at the webinar, and attend the full presentation. An evaluation form will be sent to you after the presentation.
There are no known conflicts of interest, including commercial support, for these presenters or this program.
- Ticket type
Webinar RegistrationPriceFrom $10.00 to $20.00
- Trainee (no CE certificate)$10.00
- Professional (CE certificate)$20.00